Camp Netanya Resort and Spa is known as a “Little Santorini of Philippines”. Many resorts nowadays have their own Greek-inspired architecture, one of them is Camp Netanya. Located at Brgy. Ligaya, Mabini Road in Anilao Batangas. 2-3 hours drive away from Manila. Yes, as a Bisaya, I really don’t know how far does Anilao from Manila. Anilao is known as “underwater photographer’s paradise” because it has many dive sites that offers incredible diversity. Anilao has a large number species of corals, fishes and other sea creatures. But because we only had limited time, we didn’t try to check it though.
We arrived 10am and the sun is scorching hot. Luckily, they have unlimited complimentary drinks. After our travel, we decide to eat our lunch first. As in grabe maka “Jenet Jackson”. 🔥💥
Minutes after we arrived in their lobby, we noticed their chandelier is swaying and the floor is shaking. An aftershock hit the place during that time. It was the following quakes that occurred last April 4 that destruct in some parts of Luzon particularly in Batangas.
After our lunch was prepared, I thought they would serve and bring it down near the pool, where we were staying but, we have to go up again at Greeka Restaurant where we will have our lunch.
April 8, 2017, the day after our visit to the place. A magnitude 5.6 earthquake struck the province on the afternoon. Anilao is near to the epicenter of the quake that caused damage to a building in the resort. See the photos below:
Photos from Ryan Valle
As of now, Camp Netanya Resort and Spa is is now temporarily closed for renovation.
How To Go To Camp Netanya
- Ride a bus going to Batangas City. (Bus Terminals with Batangas City Route are found in Cubao or Buendia).
- Ask your Bus Driver to drop you off at Batangas Grand Terminal.
- Ride a jeepney going to Mabini Batangas and drop off at Anilao Batangas.
- Ride a tricycle going to Camp Netanya Brgy Ligaya.
Travel Fare Breakdown
Cubao – Camp Netanya (Php 310)
- Php 175 / person – Cubao to Batangas Grand Terminal
- Php 35 / person – Jeepney from Terminal to Anilao
- Php 100 / way – Tricycle to Camp Netanya
Camp Netanya – Cubao (Php 316)
- Php 100/way – Trike from Camp Netanya to Anilao Crossing
- Php 30/ person – Jeepney to Bauan
- Php 8/person – Jeepney to Diversion
- Php 8/person – Tricycle to Batangas Grand Terminal
- Php 170 / person – Bus to Cubao